When it comes to cutting both costs and downtime in veneer production
— the best place to start is by making sure your veneer drying line is up to modern standards. After all, advanced control of the veneer drying process not only ensures high-quality dry veneer capacity but also leads to decreased energy consumption, quality losses, and overall process costs.
Calculate your benefits
1 150 /hour
How does it work?
With decades of experience in wood industry technology, our experts at Raute carry out step-by-step veneer drying line modernizations that takes every area of improvement into account, from hot and cooling sections to jam-up detections and control system modernizations.
Enhancing performance through dryer modernization for all brands
Enhancing heat transfer, increasing capacity, optimizing drying conditions, and conserving energy through modified dryer hot section parts
- Higher heat transfer with next-generation jet box and nozzle design
- Increased drying capacity
- Decreased electricity consumption per produced veneer cubic meter
- A more uniform drying result thru the jet box
- Optimized roller pitch by heat transfer and veneer transportation
- Higher air humidity saves heating energy and leads to better veneer quality
- Diving dryer operation to individual zones results in optimal drying conditions:
2. Free water evaporation phase
3. Bound water evaporation phase
- Pitch build up is prevented when a fraction of cold air is mixed into a larger amount of hot air
- A lower risk of fire with less cleaning and maintenance work, thanks to a low amount of resin build-up
- No need for an additional blower leads to lower electricity consumption with less service requirements
Blower screen changer
- Screen net cleaning without stopping dryer
- Enables better drying process efficiency between cleaning periods
- Longer cleaning intervals, with more production time
Improving energy efficiency through pressure control and delivering correct veneer temperature via cooling air temperature control
- Hot air leak-prevention leads to a more efficient hot section with less dirt flow into the cooling section
- Less fume and smell from the cooling section to the open air
- By adding the possibility of air circulation in the cooling cell, the effect of outdoor temperature can be better controlled
- Stable veneer temperature guarantees successful gluing on further processing
Monitoring incoming and outcoming veneer flow and utilizing electro-mechanical contact to provide jam-up detection
Veneer flow monitoring via software
- Veneer-specific monitoring
- Level-specific alarm system
Jam-up detection by electro-mechanical contact
- Touch-specific monitoring
- Zonal-specific alarming
Modular Modernization Control System for Dryers
Increasing productivity by dryer control modernizations, ranging from humidity and cooling to jam-up and speed control
Dryer control modernizations
- Adding new functions does not require replacement of the entire control system
- Partial control system installation leads to shorter operational downtime
- Thanks to a parallel control system, previous control functions are fully operational, and testing can focus on the implementation of new functions
Taking Koskisen veneer production to another level
Our partner Koskisen needed to update their veneer drying line that would cut down on operational costs and simultaneously result in higher quality veneer production. We were happy to help.
Download 5 key reasons to modernize your drying line
From improved product quality to decreased downtime, we have compiled a list of five key reasons why modernizing the veneer drying line will bring a significant improvement to your business. Be sure to download our article to learn why modernization is essential to high-quality and efficient veneer production.
Order now and get a 20 % discount from the site work (installation supervision and commissioning). Offer is valid 31. August 2020.